I have a confession to make. I’m really scared of damaging my skin. That’s why I’m very careful when it comes to the skin products I use. At the same time, I don’t expose myself to the sun a lot. So, it’s fortunate for me, I guess, that as a work-at-home mom, I don’t really go out of the house often. But, whenever I do go out, I make sure that I don’t stay out in the sun too long and that I protect my skin from its harsh rays. That means using sunscreen, such as the Dermplus Moisturizing Sunscreen that I’ve been using for a few weeks now.
Why do you need to use sunscreen?
We all know that prolonged sun exposure can do us a lot of harm. Repeated sun exposure not only contributes to premature skin aging but also causes skin dryness and damage, and increases your probability of getting skin cancer. Regular use of sunscreen can prevent all these because it protects you from the damaging effects of the sun.
Dermplus Sun Care Products
Dermplus Suncare product lines are proudly Philippine made products formulated by Dr. Vinson Pineda, known as The Father of Philippine Dermatology”, and is the founder, president, and chief dermatologist of Dermclinic, Inc. Dermplus has a variety of sun protection products for both adults and kids.
There are 8 reasons why you should choose Dermplus for sun protection:
- High SPF for superior sun protection
- Broad spectrum with UVA and UVB protection
- For face and body
- High Boot Star Rating (European Standard for Sunscreen)
- PABA-free (to avoid allergies)
- Value for money
Dermplus Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 35
I was given Dermplus Moisturizing Sunscreen in both Scented (Yellow tube) and Unscented (Blue tube) variants in 100 ml tubes for review.
Both variants have the following features:
- Provides optimum protection (SPF 35, 3 stars UVA & UVB protection) from the damaging effects of prolonged and repeated exposure to the sun
- Blocks the harmful effects of sun-emitted UVA and UVB rays
- Ideal for daily use
- Can be used under make-up
- Safe for sensitive skin
To use, it is recommended to apply generously before sun exposure (ideally 15 – 30 minutes prior). Then, reapply every 2 – 3 hours.
- I love that it’s handy. It’s small enough to fit in your bag which makes it easier to bring when you need to reapply after every few hours.
- The tube stands easily on it’s own. Application is easy as well. Just flip open the cap and squeeze as much lotion as you need.
- I love that you have an option to choose between scented and unscented variants. I prefer the scented version though because it has a pleasant smell. The unscented one smells like your regular sunscreen.
- I like that although the lotion is color white, it doesn’t leave a white tinge on your skin unlike some sunscreens do.
- The lotion is absorbed easily by the skin leaving it soft and smooth.
- I love that I can wear it under make-up and that I can use it as well for the rest of my body. No need to buy a separate sunscreen.
- I was easily able to apply my make-up over the sun screen. Because it doubles as a moisturizer, there’s no need for a separate facial moisturizer prior to make-up application.
I guess if there’s a downside to this product is that it left my skin oily after a few hours. But I don’t know if this will happen to everybody. My skin does tend to get oily while using certain products. So, do try it for yourself to see if it happens to you too. It doesn’t bother me much though. I just blot the oil off and touch up my face with face powder.
Overall, Dermplus Moisturizing Sunscreen is definitely a good product to try.
Want to try Dermplus Moisturizing Sunscreen for yourself? Well, here’s your chance! Our friends at Dermplus are giving away Dermplus Moisturizing Sunscreen gift packs to ten (10) lucky winners! Yes, 10!
To join, you must be a resident of the Philippines with a valid Philippine address. This giveaway will start on July 10 – 16, 2017. Just follow the Rafflecopter instructions below. Winners will be drawn via Rafflecopter as well. The winners will be notified via email and must respond with their mailing address and contact details. Dermplus will be responsible for mailing the prizes to all the winners.
Ready? Join the giveaway now! Good luck!