After giving birth with all my four kids, I always experienced apprehension when it came to giving my baby a bath for the first time. I was nervous because I didn’t know if my baby will like bath time or not. As time passed by though, I become more confident during baby bath time as I discovered what my babies liked and disliked about the process. Recently, our baby bath time ritual involved Sanosan.
Recommended by midwives and trusted by parents worldwide, Sanosan is a German brand that offers Filipino mothers products formulated with natural ingredients, such as olive oil and hydrolyzed milk protein, and has passed numerous international standards on safety and allergies.
Sanosan was launched in 1980 . Their products have no parabens, paraffin oils or dyes, and are hypoallergenic, and clinically tested.
Their product line consists of a comprehensive list of bath and skin care products for babies as well as for moms too. We received and got to test some of them recently and I must say, they’re really mild but does the job well. They leave our baby Zander’s skin smooth and clean without drying it. We also love the scent of the products because they’re not overpowering and just smells fresh and clean.
Baby Bath Time Tips
What I’ve learned about baby bath time all these years is that it can be a special bonding experience for you and your baby. But this can only happen if you make this ritual a pleasant and fun time for both of you.
Sanosan shares with us some baby bath time tips that will help us moms take advantage of this stage in our baby’s life where our touch is a vital tool in making them feel comfortable, loved, and soothed.
1. In bathing your baby, it is important to prepare all the things you need first. This includes the towel, warm water, flannel, and gentle, natural baby wash. Make sure they are within easy reach during actual bathing.
2. You may also want to have someone help you during your first few baths. Ask your partner, another family member or yaya to assist you.
3. Sponge baths are for babies with their umbilical stump still attached. Once the stump falls off on its own, you may do soak baths instead.
4. Make sure to test the warm water on your wrist or with your elbow first to check if it’s too hot or cold.
5. Remember that your baby’s skin is sensitive. Gently clean your baby with Sanosan Baby Bath and Shampoo or Baby Care Soap, a gentle and natural baby wash designed for delicate baby skin. If you have toddlers or pre-schoolers, you can wash your children with Sanosan Natural Kids 2-in-1 Sensitive Shower and Shampoo from top to toe! For sure, your baby is going to experience #SanosanBathTimeFun!
6. For newborns, be sure to keep the umbilical stump dry for faster healing.
7. Don’t forget to clean between the folds of the skin.
8. After the sponge bath, delicately pat your baby dry. Remember that babies tend to get cold quickly so wrap up your baby in flannel or soft towel right after bathing.
9. As the weather gets colder, it is suggested to moisturize and nourish your baby’s skin by gently rubbing it with Sanosan Baby Care Lotion.
10. Enjoy cuddling and playing with your baby! Baby smell after bath time is truly the best!
Such great tips, right? If I may add though, some babies tend to get scared with the water. Our Zander, for instance, hates getting his head wet. What I do to keep him from crying is to sing lullabies to him while bathing him. This distracts him and makes him smile and doesn’t even realize I’m already washing his hair!
How about you, mommies? What baby bath time tips can you share?
To learn more about Sanosan Philippines, check them out on Facebook and Instagram for more exciting announcement and updates. Sanosan is available at Lazada, Baby Company, Kids Company, and coming soon at Mercury Drug and other leading department stores nationwide.