A couple of days ago, I discovered a new trend happening online called the Tree of Life Brelfie (“Brelfie” as in breastfeeding selfie). Well in the past 3 months that I’ve been exclusively breastfeeding my son, Zander, I’ve taken 2 or 3 brelfies so far. But none of them really exposed my chest.
In the photos I’ve posted, I always wore a nursing cover, only because I feel self-conscious about posting breastfeeding photos with my breast exposed. While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that (and I applaud all moms who are brave enough to do so), I just don’t feel comfortable doing it myself. Then, I saw the Tree of Life Brelfies created using this app called PicsArt and I was amazed.
The creations of other breastfeeding moms that were posted online were so gorgeous I wanted to create one too. I thought, why not? It was a great way to celebrate Zander’s first 100 days (yesterday). It, of course, marks my 100th day breastfeeding him too. It’s a pretty big deal to me because I never really thought I’d last this long.
So, anyway, I went ahead and created several brelfies using PicsArt. I got quite addicted actually. Here are some of my creations using the same breastfeeding photo.
It’s so beautiful, isn’t it? It’s such a nice way to remember this important milestone in our life. I’m actually planning on having this image above printed and framed.
If you’re also breastfeeding and want to have your own Tree of Life Brelfie, here’s how to do it on PicsArt.
- Download and install the PicsArt app on your device.
- Open the app and go to “Stickers”.
- Download the Tree of Life sticker set. It’s FREE courtesy of PicsArt. It’s their way of supporting this breastfeeding trend.
- Click the “+’ sign, the click “edit”.
- Choose a background, if you wish, then click “add photo”. Choose your breastfeeding selfie of choice.
- Edit the photo (crop, etc) as you please then find Stickers and choose your preferred Tree of Life sticker.
- Arrange your chosen sticker depending on how you want it to be placed on your photo.
- Click “Magic” and choose your desired effects. Save your work.
That’s it! So easy. And I’m warning you, it’s quite addicting! 🙂