Right now, I’m a mom of two teenage girls and a preschool-aged boy. Plus, I’m also pregnant! So, you can say that I pretty much have parenting experience already in almost all stages of motherhood. That said, I can definitely tell you that each stage presents a lot of different and unique challenges. Journeying through all these stages of motherhood can definitely be hard but rewarding as well and this is exactly what this year’s Expo Mom is all about.
Now on its ninth year, Mommy Mundo brings you Expo Mom 2016, on April 29 and 30, Friday and Saturday, at the Glorietta Activity Center, Makati. Expo Mom 2016 is a celebration, not of motherhood but the journey of motherhood and the unique experience we go through on every stage. With this year’s theme, The Motherhood Journey, you’ll find both enlightenment and encouragement whether you’re an expectant mom or a new mom, a mom taking care of a toddler or a mom raising a child at Expo Mom.
At Expo Mom 2016, moms will find answers and solutions to challenges and concerns of her particular stage of motherhood as the event feature mom groups and influencers who will share their experiences and learnings during the onstage talks. Expert resource persons will also be present to impart tips and tools that moms and dads can use to be better in their parenting. Finally, Expo Mom 2016 will also showcase practical and effective products and services for every stage of motherhood. The event hopes to be a sharing of stories, a coming together of moms and dads who strive to be active in their babies’ and children’s lives.
Expo Mom: The Motherhood Journey is co-presented by Caltrate Plus, Pampers, and Belo Baby and supported by Sun Life, Clearascar, Mott’s 100% Apple Juice, Downy Baby Gentle, Fuji/Instax, Waters Philippines, and Stanley Ong Photography with Celebrity Mom, Working Mom, Diva Universal and Crossover as media sponsors, Glorietta and Ayala Malls as venue sponsor, and Creative Juice Communications as logistics partner.
Expo Mom is also a most mom and baby friendly event with a mom lounge for breastfeeding and diaper changing area sponsored by Pampers and a play area for kids sponsored by Mott’s 100% Apple Juice. Entrance at Expo Mom is free of charge but a donation of any amount will be accepted for the Mommy Mundo MOMSHARE fund. Proceeds of the fund goes to literacy projects for the street children of Childhope Asia and public school kids under the Alpabasa programs. MomShare also supports needs of underprivileged moms and kids. Mommy Mundo Passport holders get an Expo Mom tote bag.
You’d be happy to know too that Expo Mom is hosting another awesome giveaway this year!
The Expo Mom: The Motherhood Journey Giveaway
Mommy Mundo knows that we moms love telling stories about our days, our birth, our kids, and they’d like to hear about them! Sharing our mom stories online helps us learn from each other, get inspired and just makes us realize how we are all on the same boat on this adventure called motherhood. That is why Mommy Mundo is asking moms to share their #themotherhoodjourney stories with them online and in return, Mommy Mundo will reward them with exciting prizes.
Awesome prizes at stake:
- Expectant moms can win a Snug-a-hug pillow, Blanqi supportwear, and Mother-K gift box worth P8,950. Snug-a-hug is a specially-designed support pillow used primarily by expecting moms, nursing mothers, recuperating patients and even kids. Blanqi supportwear eases the pains and strains of pregnancy, while creating a beautifully curved, smooth, silhouette. Blanqi is distributed by Urban Essentials. The Mother-K includes maternity pads, antibacterial zipper bags, milk storage bags, wipes,and detergent. The Mother-K brand ensures high quality products using organic and ecofriendly materials.
- Moms with babies get a chance to win a Georgia Sleigh Cot worth P28,000. This crib is baby-safe and baby-proof. It is made of clear grade New Zealand Plantation Pine with a smooth single hand drop side, ideal for you and your baby’s growing needs. It is sturdy and standing even after years of sleep, play, and other activities. Crafted of hardwood, these cots are tested to the highest safety standards and are built to last. This Georgia Sleigh Cot is distributed by Baby and Beyond.
- Moms with toddlers may win an Aprica Stroller Luxuna Light worth P24,999.75. The Aprica Luxuna Light comes in Fresh Aqua. It weighs a total of 4.9kg with a firm body. The seat has multi-positions and reclines from 120-170 degrees and has a high seat of 53cm of the ground. It has a full range hood to protect your child from the elements, and many more features. Aprica is distributed by Cannon Baby Safe Products, Inc.
- Moms of kids get to win an ETL Learning Book Set worth P49,915. A Child’s first Library of Learning provides knowledge of all four key areas: Life, Nature, Science, and Our World. It also provides colorful photos and illustrations to attract and maintain the child’s attention and create interest. ETL Learning is distributed by Filway Marketing.
Consolation prizes from sponsors are also up for grabs!!
1. Follow Mommy Mundo on FB, Twitter, and IG
2. (1 pt) Share what stage you are in your motherhood by reporting the (stage) icon or using it as your profile picture.
For all posts, use the appropriate hashtags as follows:
a. Stork: #bellyblessedmama #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
b. Carriage: #momwithababy #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
c. Sock: #momwithatot #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
d. Pinwheel: #lovemykid #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016#mommymundo
3. (1 pt) Share your motherhood story by posting a personal photo and telling usabout your motherhood journey. Tag @mommymundo and use these hashtags #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo. Make sure to tag @mommymundo and @expomom and set your account to public until April 30.
4. (1 pt) Share the Expo Mom 2016 official poster and say that you are going to @expomom.
5. Posts may be on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
6. Posts that are published until April 30 will be counted.
7. Posts will be monitored and counted manually and winner will be drawn based on accumulated points via Rafflecopter.