My eldest daughter will be turning 15 this year. Yes, I’ve been a mom for THAT long. Now, I’m pregnant with my fourth child. You’d think that with that much parenting experience, I’d be confident enough to say that I’m an expert but I’m not.
There’s no doubt that I’ve experienced so many things, both good and bad, as a parent. I’ve undoubtedly learned many lessons from them but I’m sure that down the road there will be lots more to learn.
I have no qualms in admitting that I’m not a perfect mom. While I’m proud of my achievements, I’ll also be the first to admit that I have had a LOT of parenting boo-boos as well. And when I received this package from Calpol, I was reminded of the funniest and craziest parenting mistakes I’ve had over the years.
Here are some of my most memorable parenting boo-boos:
- When my eldest daughter was a newborn, her dad and I woke up with a start one morning to find her not between us on the bed. Her dad immediately ran sleepily to the crib to check if she was there but he said she wasn’t. So we immediately rummaged through the pillows and blanket on the bed looking for her to no avail. We also didn’t find her anywhere on the floor. I then went to the crib to check again and found her sleeping peacefully inside. Haha! Turns out her dad forgot he placed her back there before he went to bed and was too sleepy to see her there when he checked the crib. It almost gave me a heart attack!
- One time, we had this stove top bottle sterilizer. I used it and forgot to go back to it in time. So, I ended up burning the bottles! Needless to say, we never used a stove top sterilizer again.
- I’m normally a very OC person but there have been a few times when I forgot to buy materials that my kids needed for school the next day.
- There have also been times when I woke up to the sound of the school bus furiously beeping its horn. My kids were still asleep too and obviously, I hadn’t yet been able to prepare their breakfast and baon. So, I told the bus driver to go ahead and leave and that I’ll just ask my hubby to take the kids to school. Haha!
- One of my most recent boob-boos happened only several weeks ago when we were out for errands and I didn’t notice that my son had worn his shoes on the wrong feet. I only noticed them when we were already on our way home! Parenting fail!
Luckily, I haven’t committed any boo-boos that seriously harmed my kids, especially when it comes to their health. I guess that’s because when it comes to health, I’m really a more cautious person and only use products that I have tried and tested already and when it comes to my kids’ pain and fever, my go-to brand has always been Calpol.
My kids love Calpol because compared to other brands, it actually tastes good. I just love it because it’s effective! My son has even tried asking me for more than his usual dose because he loves the taste so much. Haha! But of course, I didn’t give in to that. I know how crucial it is to give the most accurate dose of medicine to my kids.
So, I’m thankful that Calpol sent me this dosage wheel that will help me determine the correct dosage of Calpol to give my kids depending on their weight. It’s so useful! It really helps me make no mistake when it comes to my kids’ fever and pain.
If you don’t have this dosage wheel, that’s okay. You can calculate for the correct dosage of Calpol online too through the dosage calculator. You can also find Calpol in all leading drugstores nationwide.