Just a week ago, I blogged about celebrating my second anniversary as a work-at-home mom and writer. The past two years have truly been a fun learning experience for me. I learned a lot from my clients, fellow WAHMs and through workshops and events that encouraged me to continue on with this work-at-home journey.
I’ve joined a lot of work-at-home events, all of them organized by Manila Workshops and the WAHMderfullife Community. For the past two years, they’ve had two major work-at-home events. The first was called It’s a WAHMderful Life: A Work-at-Home Moms 101 held in 2012, which is where I met a lot of my WAHM friends now. The second one held last year was called WAHMderful Weekend: The Heart and Hands of the Work-at-Home Mom. It was a bigger event and for me, the most fun, because I was also invited to be part of the panelists.
This year, there will be another big WAHM event happening on October 25, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the 12th Floor, Multi- Purpose Hall and Seminar Room C, Insular Life Building, Ayala Avenue corner Paseo De Roxas, Makati City.
Dubbed The Work-at-Home Weekend Expo 2014, this event gathers work-at-home wannabes, newbies and veterans in one exciting event that not only showcases various learning sessions but also a bazaar of home-based businesses and online shops. So, if you’re thinking of exploring working from home or even if you are already and just want to learn more, this is one event you don’t want to miss!
Check out this interesting list of topics that will be covered in the various talks.
- Business Ideation: Profitable Business Ideas by Jeff Cua
- How to Land Your First Virtual Assistant Gig by Marge Aberasturi
- How to Create a Winning Business Plan & Reach Your Perfect Clients by Joy Gurtiza
- How to Get (and Keep!) Your Freelance Writing Jobs by Tina Rodriguez
- How To Succeed & Not Suck at Social Media Management by Grace Nicolas Bondad
- Money Smarts: Beginner Level Investing & Personal Finance by Fitz Villafuerte
- Legalizing Your Business the Hassle-Free Way by Dandy C. Victa
- Retail Therapy: How to Set Up Your Import Business & Make Your Sales by Govind Daswani
- Computer 101: How to use and care for your investment by Jennyfer Ang Tan
- Be a Photo Editor: Basic Photo Editing & Photography Jobs by Kimberley Timbol-Reyes
- Managing your Kids while Working at Home by Mariel Uyquiengco
- Eating Right & Easy Meals when you’re a Busy-holic by Lourdes Labii
The fees are as follows:
Entrance Fee (will not attend any talk; fees apply to those who are 21 years old and above only. Children are free to enter): Php 100
Workshop pass (need not pay entrance fee separately):
Php 350 to attend 1 class/topic
Php 900 to attend 3 classes/topics
Php 1500 for an unlimited class pass
I’m really excited to attend this event and network with my fellow WAHMs again. If you want to register, please click here and join us.
Hope to see you there guys!